Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Scouting

The funny thing about living in the greater LA metropolitan area is that production-related stuff happens all around you & when you least expect it. For instance, when I lived in the apartment, I woke up one fine morning & headed out to walk Lola by Caltech & came upon cast trailers & the crew setting up to film some Numb3rs exteriors. [They loved Lola, of course.] Most recently, I was sitting in my office (helping some of my students) when a young man popped his head in and asked my officemate Dave very politely if he could take a couple of pictures of our office because he was scouting locations. [Don't even ask about the pile of papers on my desk that I've been meaning to organize.] My other officemate, Denise, has a pirate flag flying proudly over her corner & I'm sure that will cause giggles in the production office. [It still makes me giggle & I see it everyday.]

I don't get all fan-girly when this happens...at least, not anymore because all the filming near CalTech de-sensitized me to it. That's not to say that "movie magic" doesn't thrill me any more (it does), but I'm just not surprised by it.

Just another day in LA-LA land, I guess.



Later this week: Paley Fest: An Evening with Chuck

2 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

And they didn't use Lola in the filming? BTW - I'll be in El Monte April 7 & 8th.

wormie said...

awesome that you'll be in area! We should get together. I work till 7pm on Monday, but I'm usually free by 2pm on Tuesdays. email me or call me to firm things up.