Thursday, June 28, 2007

Quick House Update

The new grass is growing! Hibiscus has been planted! [More pictures later.]

I was poking around the Behr website looking for the exterior accent color, when I came across one of their "inspiration" pictures with the basic color scheme I want for the house. So I thought I'd share. The only difference is that I will use some brick-red color for accent. I'm undecided about the body color -"rice wine" (which is the one in the inspiration picture) and "applesauce" (which is very similar to rice wine but has a teeny more yellow in it). Rice wine seems more "earthy" & more in line with the architecture of the house, but applesauce is a little brighter. I have samples & will make the decision soon. There's another color 1 shade lighter than "applesauce" called "banana cream" [yummy!] which made it to the short list by virtue of the name alone. :) Alas, when I brought the swatch home, "banana cream" looked too pale in the bright glare of the So. California sunshine. Hmm...coming up with names for paint colors must be a fun job...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Very nice!

Our living room is painted in "Crocodile Smile." :)

wormie said...

"Crocodile Smile."
hee! Love that.